Want to know how much does content marketing cost for small business? You have managed to open your own business and started developing your very own website. So, This is one of the very best decisions you could make as it has opened so many opportunities. If you are not sure, how does content marketing cost your business? Then you are in the right place.
Most people believe that they don’t need to pay anyone to create the content because they can hire a writer or use the service of an essay writer site.
But if you ever tried to do that, you would see that though it is relatively very affordable, it is also not professional enough for your website. Thus, as a small business owner, you should consider hiring a consultant or agency that can do business writing properly.
What is the cost of content marketing for small businesses?
The easy answer is that content marketing costs vary a lot.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution because every business is different, so it’s hard to give an exact number.
That said, we have done some research on this topic:
- 64% of B2B marketers report they will spend more money on content marketing in 2022 than they did in 2021
- The average B2B content marketing budget runs around USD 140k/year.
- 29% expect to increase their budgets by more than 10% for established brands.
In addition to the broad categories above, other key factors include:
- Production costs (i.e., developing video and graphic assets).
- Marketing costs (i.e., promoting content through paid advertising).
- Consulting fees with a content marketing agency (if applicable).
Content marketing costs are worth it.
There are a few reasons why content marketing is worth it:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, and that’s a massive benefit for your business when you’re trying to build brand awareness and grow.
- Content marketing can give more qualified leads. In addition, companies using content marketing have 7.8 times more site traffic than those that don’t use content marketing. This massive result is because the more helpful and informative articles and content you create, the more likely people looking for those topics will find you and join your mailing list.
- Content marketing can help for a long-term or short-term strategy depending on whether you want it to work for brand awareness or provide an immediate return on investment (ROI). For example, suppose your main goal is to drive traffic to your website to convert customers actively seeking out information about your products or services. In that case, providing valuable blog posts that answer their questions is one way of achieving this goal in the short term. If you want potential customers down the line when they’re ready to buy from someone like yourself, creating valuable guides will help position yourself as an expert before they even know they need one!
How much does a content marketing agency cost?
While this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the content marketing industry, it isn’t easy to pinpoint an exact figure. Content marketing agencies charge anywhere from $500 to $20,000 per month, depending on the size and scope of your project. Smaller projects may be less expensive because they are not as complex.
How do I save money on content marketing costs?
Purchasing the right tools will make your content marketing more effective, save you time and money, and keep you from having to hire someone.
Here are some program options for content creation:
- An email marketing tool will allow you to create and send beautiful emails that make it easy for your customers to follow up with you.
Try ConvertKit For Free : A #1 Email Marketing and Automation Tool
- A customer relationship management (CRM) tool will help you manage all of your contacts with one interface. CRM can be a lifesaver when it comes to keeping track of everything—plus, it’s a great way to keep yourself organized as your business grows.
- A social media aggregator is a helpful way to organize all of the different social media accounts you’re posting so that they’re in one place. You can also use this tool to post across other platforms at once or schedule posts in advance so that everything is ready to go every day without needing extra work on your part!
How can I increase my content marketing budget?
Increase your content marketing budget by:
- Focus on ROI – After you have a few years of content marketing under your belt, use that info to calculate your business’s return on investment (ROI). The ROI will give you insight into how much of an impact your content marketing has on your company’s bottom line, which can help you justify investing more in it.
- Outsourcing – If your business is strapped for time, or there are specific tasks you aren’t confident about, consider hiring a content marketing agency or freelancer to take over some of the responsibilities and allow you to focus on other areas of running your business. You’ll probably need to set aside a decent budget to cover these costs as they can quickly add up, but it could be worth every penny if it means growing faster and making more money.
Pro Tips: You can hire low cost freelancers on Fiverr for content marketing. Even freelancers can also help to plan various contents for branding, marketing and conversion.
- Automating – Content marketing involves many moving parts that often have associated costs, so streamline the process with tools that will manage everything from ideation and scheduling to analytics and publishing — all under one roof at little cost.
There are many ways small businesses can free up their schedules while still ensuring they hit their content goals each month—it just takes planning!
What’s in a typical content marketing budget?
Your content marketing budget should include the following:
- Content creation- (content writers, editors, graphic artists, and video editors)
- Distribution of Content (social media managers, and influencer outreach)
- Content optimization (SEO specialists)
- Content marketing measurement (analytics specialist)
- Marketing technology for content marketers
- A content marketing strategy
How much should you be spending?
There’s no single answer to how much small business content marketing costs, but there is an answer for you. It all depends on your needs.
Attention Business Owners from USA: Try affordable LLC filing service by ZenBusiness. Check ZenBusiness Review.
An excellent digital marketing agency will listen to your needs and provide a free quote that outlines what their services will cost based on them. The price will likely be higher than you want it to be, but it’s still less than hiring a content manager in-house (which can start at $45k per year).
At a minimum, you’ll need about $1000 a month for effective content marketing.