Digital marketing has been expanding exponentially, and needless to say, writing a killer blog postis equivalent to hitting the bull’s eye.
With more than 440 million active blogs worldwide and over 76 million monthly posts, making your blog stand out can be a tough nut to crack.
In this definitive guide, we will reveal six steps of the writing process. Million blog writers do their best to rank in search engines and grab the reader’s attention. We are all aware of copyblogger, Backlinko, and Problogger. They are not only professional bloggers but also the inspiration of millions of other bloggers
If you want to write a great blog post that gets found in search results and grab the audience’s attention, you are at the right place.
We will explain step by step to write your first blog post effectively. If you don’t know what is the right format for a blog? don’t worry, at the end of this article you will be able to
- Write a blog effectively for Search engine as well as Human
- Understand your target audience.
- Generate tons of topic ideas for better blog content.
- Evaluate like a pro your article before hit publish.
So, let’s get deep dive into creating your killer blog post. These are the six processes of writing that copyblogger, Backlinko, or Problogger use.
1. Provide real value through research: An important step for writing compelling post
If you present the same ideas repeatedly, readers won’t bother to read your blog. To create a blog that stands out, you need to conduct thorough research and develop points that many bloggers have left out. Outline key points and conclusions but make sure that you provide an alternative point of view.
17 Blogging Mistakes to avoid – HubSpot Team
2. Write an attractive headline.
Honestly, you won’t stand a chance unless you write a headline that captures eyeballs. Articles with numbers, how-to guides, or DIYs are the norms of the day.
In content marketing, the post title is something you need to take care of must. You can learn more about writing an emotional headline to get shared your post.
Pro Tip: If you can’t write a catchy title for your blog, try tools like Headline Analyzer, making the task a piece of cake for you.
3. Study your audience and win their hearts
Only demographic features like age and location just don’t cut it anymore. It would help if you had your readers’ essential characteristics at your fingertips to address their preferences.
How to find right target audience for your website and blog – HubSpot Guide
Here are the core values which might differentiate your core audience –
- Level of education
- Purchasing power
Pro Tip: If you want to keep engaging with your content, make sure to start with a personal story. Yes, Story makes anyone comfortable.
4. Adopt the right SEO Strategy for a great blog post outcome
SEO strategy can make or break your game. You need the best SEO strategy to rank on top of the search pages. Keyword Planner is a great tool to find the right keywords for your blog.
However, keep in mind that Google is pretty smart too. Don’t overload your content with keywords and try to restrict your keyword density to 2%.
These are the fundamental and useful points you can take care of while doing SEO for your next blog:
- Do Keyword research and filter low, competitive queries.
- Ensure the Search Intent by entering a few (seed keywords) in Search Engine
- Use short URL
- Create a blog outline
- Use your Seed keyword in the H1 tag once.
- Use LSI Keywords throughout the blog post
- Use relevant Images with Alt Tag
- Use appropriate Internal link to the post
- Use External link to the blog
5. Use multimedia content for your post.
The competition is stiff, and since a vast majority is using it already, it is time for you to discover the magic of multimedia content for your blog. However, it is not a great idea to go with bland stock visuals.
Instead, personalize your blog with multimedia tools like-
- Canva – One of the easiest graphic designing apps.
- Camtasia – App for video content for beginners.
- Piktochart – Graphic design tool with infographics templates
6. Allow sharing your blog through social media.
Allowing social share is one of the best strategies to make your content go viral. Email and website marketing is essential too, but promotions through social media networks like Facebook and Twitter seal the deal. Social Share Buttons Plugin of WordPress immensely helps here.
7. Use the right calls-to-action in your blog.
Don’t be too pushy here but use calls-to-action strategically. An ideal way to use CTAs is through the 80-20 route. 80% of your blogs should encourage users to like, comment, share, while 20% of them can persuade the buyers to go for your services or products.